Effective date: 25/05/2018
UFODRIVE is committed to respecting your privacy as well as protecting your personal information, which means:
- We will be transparent about what information we are collecting and for which purpose.
- We will use this information solely for the purposes described in this document.
- We put in place all reasonable measures to protect your information and keep it safe and secure.
- We will respect your data protection rights and in particular allow you to inspect the processing, correction or ask for removal of your personal data.
Who are we?
UFODrive SA, registered in Luxembourg, is the legal entity responsible for processing the personal data in the meaning of the amended Law of 2 August 2002 on Personal Data Protection and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
To allow the execution of the rental contracts we will collect the following data when you will register to our service or reserve a car using our App or the booking website:
- Home address
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- An electronic copy of an idenfitication document (id, passport, etc.)
- An electronic copy of your driver licence
- Credit card details
Whenever you interact with our App or our booking website your activity is logged to allow our support team to help you should you encounter any issue in using them.
GPS trackers are installed in all our cars and used solely to prevent any criminal acts on the vehicles, enhance your customer experience and enable the execution of UFOReturn and UFOJourney services.
Your personal data are collected, processed and used only to the extent this is necessary to enable the execution of the rental agreement and its associated service (UFOBook, UFOSign, UFOFind, UFOReturn and UFOJourney).
Your personal data can be used for market research or marketing purpose only after we collect explicit consent from you using our App or email, consent you are free to withdraw at any time.
When do we share personal data?
Your personal data can be transmitted to other third parties only under the following circumstances:
- Allow processing of payments
- Enable the execution of additional service of the rental agreement: Parking, Hotel room, etc.
- Filing a police report
- Transferring fines or tolls
- Recovering due unpaid amounts
Where do we store and process personal data?
All personal data except the credit card details are securely stored on our servers hosted on Amazon Web Services in the European Union.
The credit card details are not stored on our servers but securely transfered Stripe a specialised payment service which saves and manages credit card details safely.
How do we secure personal data?
Your personal data are secured using the following measures:
- Our employees have access to personal data on a need-to-know basis only, which means only to the information essential to perform their duties.
- We select only contractors and service providers with high standards in terms of data protection.
- We apply technology security best practices: HTTPS encrypted connections, firewalls, OAuth 2.0, etc.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Your identification and driver licence documents as well as credit card details are deleted after they have been expired.
The logs collected during interactions with the App or the booking website are destroyed after six (6) months.
If you have not used the service for two (2) consecutive years we will send you an email to ask if you want to keep your account active. If we receive no answer after two reminders we will delete your account and associated personal data.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the right at any time to object to the processing or use of your personal data details for the advertising or market research purposes for the advertising or market research purposes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are also entitled to inspect the processing, correct or ask for removal of your personal data by UFODrive by sending an email to email@example.com.
We don't use any other cookies.
How to contact us?
Should you have any question, don't understand any part of this policy, if you want to have your personal data corrected or deleted or if you want to file a complaint please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.